This Position is CLOSED
Position Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Location: Regional Center for Quality of Health Care (RCQHC), Kampala-Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director, RCQHC
The Regional Centre for Quality of Health Care (RCQHC) is an organization affiliated to Makerere University through the School of Public Health with a mandate to improve quality of health care in East, Central and Southern Africa through capacity building and promoting better practices. RCQHC provides training, quality of care approaches and other programmatic interventions in four focus technical areas namely Child Health and Nutrition; Reproductive and Maternal Health; Infectious Diseases (HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria) and Non-Communicable Diseases. Each of the four technical areas is headed by a Technical Advisor.
RCQHC is seeking a qualified individual to serve as the Finance and Administration Manager. The primary duty station of the Finance and Administration Manager will be the Regional Centre for Quality of Health Care, Makerere University, Kampala. The Finance and Administration Manager will report to the Deputy Executive Director and will be part of a team of Finance and Administration department.
The Finance and Administrative Manager will play a key role in oversight and coordination of the financial, procurement and administrative aspects of RCQHC.
The key duties of the Finance and Administration Manager shall be to:
- Facilitate preparation of annual RCQHC and program specific budgets consistent to RCQHC strategic plan and donor requirements.
- Oversee all RCQHC grant and fund management functions including cash flows coordination, implementation of appropriate internal controls, financial reporting and transfers
- Ensure that all financial and accounting documents are properly authorized, supported, recorded and settled in a timely manner giving value for money received in accordance with the RCQHC financial policies and procedures manuals, International Finance Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Manage all suppliers and service contracts to ensure the firms perform as per the set contract terms and conditions
- Oversee procurement of goods and services ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures, governing laws and regulations.
- Coordinate the selection of External Auditors, preparation of general project and specific financial statements for conduct of audits; liaise with auditors for the conduct of audits, and ensure timely completion of audit reports as well as implementation of all audit recommendations.
- Support development and internal communication of financial, procurement, asset management administration and any other relevant policies which will enable smooth running of RCQHC.
- Oversee RCQHC human resource functions in accordance with the governing laws in areas such as personnel recruitment and orientation; maintenance and updating of personnel files, time sheets, and personnel data; leave management; personnel performance, disciplinary and grievance management systems; staff training and development.
- Coordinate general office administration such as control of recurrent consumables, maintenance of utilities, supervision of finance and administration staff as well as administrative support to programs to ensure efficient and effective day to day office operations
- Conduct any other duties assigned by the
- A first degree in Bachelor's B.Com – Accounting option, BBA – Accounting option, or equivalent in related field and Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from a recognized University, professional qualifications such ACCA or CPA will be added advantage.
- At least eight years in Grants, Financial Management and Administration experience with at least the last three years working at Senior Management level in a Non Government Organizations (NGO) especially USAID funded projects/programs
- Experience in budgeting, budget monitoring and financial reporting to various stake holders.
- Experience in fundraising including grants proposal writing skills
- Strong grants management skills including grants award, administration and close out.
- Experience in management of human resources, procurement and general administrative functions.
- Experience in developing policies and procedures manuals for organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and spoken English, working knowledge of computer packages, proficiency in using internet and Microsoft applications and ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
Additional requirements include professionalism, accountability, self management, team work, networking; capacity builder/coach and mentor, ability to multitask and work under demanding deadlines. The position may necessitate travel within the African Region.
Application is by way of a duly signed cover letter as well as curriculum vitae indicating three referees and testimonial copies to justify suitability for the position. Interested and qualified individuals should email their applications by 14th November, 2013 to the following address.
Regional Centre for Quality of Health Care,
P. O. Box 29140, Kampala, Uganda.
RCQHC is an equal opportunity employer. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification and only short listed candidates will be contacted.